By: Charlotte Ekker Wiggins
ST. LOUIS – Five speakers have been confirmed for Heartland Apicultural Society’s (HAS) annual conference to be held July 11-13, 2018 at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Established in 2001 by several professional entomologists, the conference rotates through the Midwest to make it easier for local beekeepers to attend sessions focused on the latest beekeeping methods and research.
Among the speakers confirmed to date:
- Dr. Marla Spivak, a MacArthur Fellow at University of Minnesota’s Bee Lab;
- University of Minnesota Bee Squad, a beekeeping instructional and public outreach program to encourage collaboration and public education about bees;
- Dr. Keith Delaplane, director of the University of Georgia Honey Bee Program;
- Jennifer Berry, University of Georgia Honey Bee program lab manager;
- Dr. Dennis vanEngelsdorp, University of Maryland Honeybee Lab, who directs the Bee Informed Partnership, the Tech Transfer Program and the annual national beekeeping management surveys, and
- Samuel Ramsey, University of Maryland PhD candidate and researcher.
More details will be posted as they are finalized at http://www.heartlandbees.org.