By: The Honey Bee Grant program
The Honey Bee Grant program allows for a K-12 school or non-profit organization to receive support for an educational honey bee hive.
We offer three grant options:
- Monetary grant of $1,500 to support the success of a honey bee hive educational program.
- Observation hive: equipment grant of a custom made indoor observation hive from The Bee Cause Project.
- Traditional hive: equipment grant of an outdoor Langstroth or top bar hive with Starter Kit
*All equipment grants include a small monetary grant, covering the first year of expenses. Grant recipients also receive remote consultation and assistance with Beekeeper partnership from The Bee Cause Project.
- Application Open: September 1st, 2017
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Closed: October 31, 2017 at 5pm CST
- Full Application Closed: November 15, 2017 at 5pm CST
- Notification of all Applicants: December 2017
- Delivery of Hive and Grant Packages: no later than end of January 2018
For all required reading for the Honey Bee Grant program, as well as instructional videos, please visit The Bee Cause Project resources page.
Watch our webinar with The Bee Cause Project for more information about the grant and how to get your bees approved.
For any questions regarding the Honey bee hive grant process or if you need support in the bee approval process, email The Bee Cause Project directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions or issues regarding your online application, please email email@example.com.
APPLY to our Grant
Preview 2017-2018 honey bee hive grant application questions
Curriculum and Resources
Use these resources to design your honey bee education or generate ideas!
- The Bee Cause Project’s Educator’s Guide to STE(A)M connections to a honey bee hive.
- Bee Wise Curriculum developed in partnership with The Bee Cause Project
- The Edible Schoolyard Berkeley lessons with a honey bee hive and without a hive.
- Check out our Kids Club for a variety of activities. The April Kids Club focuses on Share the Buzz with:
- Find even more honey bee education resources in our Resources section.